Monday, September 10, 2012

My Birthday Buttons

My birthday brought me new vintage buttons and inspired me to get into the studio.  My cousin included a little jewel box of buttons in the package she sent:



And a friend presented me with an evocative old cigar tin filled with amazing ones - bakelite, celluloid, glass, metal.....




And then there was a yard sale Saturday, a button-gatherer who was divesting.


And so to work:


This is necklace #36, vintage plastics (including bakelite) on woven cotton Japanese bias tape.  It includes buttons from all three recent hauls. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, cool! I like the combination of muted browns and tans in this necklace. I hoped the ambery-glittery buttons would please, and I'm thrilled that they inspired something so quickly.

    ReplyDelete