Friday, September 7, 2012










Welcome to Alison's Arts:  Vintage Button Necklaces and Dolls, a portal through which I can present and share my necklaces and - although I haven't made any recently - my small textile figures.  Lately I've been enjoying covering button forms with vintage Japanese fabrics (one of my great loves); I also use pleasing buttons, mostly vintage ones but some contemporary as well, made from many materials.  Above I show a necklace of kimono-silk-covered buttons on Japanese chirimen polyester tape (top) and one of vintage plastic (mostly bakelite) buttons on a cotton/linen bias tape base (bottom).  You can see more on my picasa web album at https://picasaweb.google.com/105148425797657603947/ButtonNecklaceSelectionsMostlyCurrentlyAvailable. In the album, each necklace has a number.  For questions and prices (the average price is $50, but a few are $35, a few may be $60), please email me at telesor.roselet@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment